Retrieve location data of your devices, assets and vehicles in real-time with PTV Developer
GPS tracking enables you to always locate the position of every asset in your fleet.
Asset tracking applications include the following:
- Car, bike or e-scooter rental providers who are interested in area control to prevent driving outside agreed upon boundaries
- Insurance companies who monitoring driving behavior
- High-security transport cargo safety and theft prevention
- Agricultural and construction equipment usage monitoring
- Urban delivery position tracking and ETA
- Time sensitive deliveries: Monitoring of driving performance
Components used in Asset Tracking
Geocoding & Places API
Find locations by converting street addresses into GPS-coordinates and reverse geocoding
Raster Maps API
Display geographical data and traffic information on highly accurate,
interactive and customizable maps
Monitor your vehicles and track their movements
Plan optimal and cost-effective routes for any vehicle, and provide users with reliable arrival times
Retrieve live location data
Asset trackers transfer the live GPS location of your fleet to a central system at regular intervals.
Display GPS locations on a digital map.
Display the vehicles’ whole track history.
API references, code examples and tutorials to help you get started with PTV Developer