The PTV Developer Map Matching API allows you to track and map your fleet and vehicles’ movements. Whether you operate a fleet of rental cars, manage field service staff, optimize routes, or oversee high-security transports: GPS tracking enables you to always locate the position of every vehicle in your fleet. With the Map Matching API, you can assign GPS positions to road segments on a digital map. In effect, this means that dispatchers and fleet managers have the data they need, when they need it. This increased level of transparency helps dispatchers and fleet managers to identify inefficiencies, recalculate routes, and calculate tolls with GPS locations and tracking data.
The PTV Developer Map Matching API offers:
- Match single positions on the road network: GPS points matched to the road network at regular intervals ensure you always know where your vehicles are and where they’re heading. Get location information like street names or numbers, zip codes, cities, and countries displayed on digital maps.
- Match route history on the road network: Track vehicle history including drive time, direction, and speed. Road network matching gives you the ability to:
- Monitor driving behavior and performance
- Receive notifications about arrival times
- Compare planned and actual routes driven
- Verify bills from subcontractors and toll invoices
- Send out emergency and breakdown calls, or report unauthorized usage