This list shows all changes of the API between releases like new features, significant improvements and bug fixes. We recommend that API developers periodically check it for updates.
- Feature: Added vehicle profile 'BICYCLE_OSM'. Note that this profile is an experimental feature.
- Improvement: If no vehicle profile is specified and most locations are located in the Americas, 'USA_1_PICKUP' is used as the default instead of 'EUR_VAN' to return better results.
- Improvement: If most locations are located in the Americas but a non-American vehicle profile is specified, a warning is returned.
- Feature: Added functionality for returning warnings if a parameter was ignored in a request. Therefore OptimizedRouteResponse was extended by the field 'warnings'.
- Feature: Added functionality for matching a location to a nearest road. Therefore locations were extended by fields 'roadAccess' and 'includeLastMeters'.
- Feature: Added functionality for matching side of street to manipulate which side of a street should be used preventing the driver crossing the street. Therefore locations were extended by field 'matchSideOfStreet'.
- Feature: Added functionality for maximum distance the vehicle is allowed to travel and for a time interval during which the vehicle's route may start. Therefore vehicle was extended by fields 'maximumDistance' and 'routeStartInterval'.
- Bugfix: The results are no longer influenced by the IDs of locations or transports.
- Feature: Added functionality to consider location-dependent service times. Therefore added field 'serviceTimePerTransportStop' to customerLocationAttributes and fields 'serviceTimePerPickupStop' and 'serviceTimePerDeliveryStop' to a new depotLocationAttributes object.
- Bugfix: Capacity of all array objects in locations, vehicle, transports, and route is limited. These limits are less restrictive as the ones set by subscription. This might lead to rejection of requests that were being accepted in previous API versions.
- Bugfix: Request with more than thirty unreferenced locations is not accepted. This might lead to rejection of requests that were being accepted in previous API versions.
- Bugfix: Date-times in the response are returned in the input time zone.
- Improvement: Streamlined database interaction.
- Feature: Added functionality for "Drivers' Working Hours" to specify restrictions on working time and driving time of drivers and enforce breaks periods. Therefore added fields 'workingHoursPreset' and 'breakRule' to 'Driver'. Note that from this release on, the working and driving time will be unlimited, unless specified otherwise. Previously, EU driving time regulations were applied as the default. To achieve the same behavior as before, set workingHoursPreset to EU_DRIVING_TIME_REGULATION.
- Feature: Added functionality for restricting the maximum travel time and driving time of drivers. Therefore added fields 'workLogbook', 'maximumDrivingTime' and 'maximumTravelTime' to 'Driver'. Note that from this release on, the travel and driving time will be unlimited, unless specified otherwise. Previously, EU driving time regulations were applied as the default. To achieve the same behavior as before, set workingHoursPreset to EU_DRIVING_TIME_REGULATION.
- Feature: New vehicle profiles for region IMEA.
- Bugfix: Coordinates containing 0.0 as latitude or longitude are now correctly processed.
- Bugfix: Improved handling of empty strings as start and end location ids for input vehicle.
- Bugfix: When latitude or longitude is set as not a number (NaN), a proper exception message is returned.
- Bugfix: When using an empty list of quantities a proper response instead of an error is returned.
- Improvement: Renamed error codes 'GENERAL_ACCESS_DENIED' to 'GENERAL_UNAUTHENTICATED' and 'GENERAL_UNAUTHORIZED' to 'GENERAL_FORBIDDEN'.
- Bugfix: When using coordinates where no street is available and no airline distance can be calculated, a proper exception message is returned.
- Improvement: Improved calculation time for small requests.
- Feature: Added field 'priority' to transport and added query parameter 'considerTransportPriorities' to startOptimization to consider the priorities of the transports during optimization.
- Feature: Methods to start the optimization process and retrieve the optimized route.
- Feature: Multiple time intervals for depots and customers.
- Feature: Vehicle with capacities, start location and end location.
- Feature: Transports with a pickup and delivery location including the service time.
- Feature: Calculating break and rest periods according to the European driving time regulation (Regulation No 561/2006).
- Feature: Definition of location position in a trip, either first/last position or by numbers.
- Feature: Vehicle profiles for EU, USA and Australia available.