This list shows all changes of the Routing API between releases like new features, significant improvements and bug fixes. We recommend that API developers periodically check it for updates.
- Improvement: The request parameter 'co2EmissionClass' is no longer experimental.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug where the service started one second before the waypoint opens in certain cases.
- Feature: Added method 'getEstimatedTimeOfArrival' to provide the estimated time of arrival (ETA) based on a previously calculated route and the current position of the vehicle.
- Feature: Added support for additional working hours presets to the method 'calculateRoutePost'.
- Improvement: The request parameter 'customRoadAttributeScenarios' is no longer experimental.
- Improvement: Changed the type of string arrays in the types 'Vehicle' and 'Options' to string in order to avoid undefined behavior. Queries will remain the same. When using generated clients updating some calls may be necessary.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug where a toll event of access type 'EXIT' was missing when crossing the border to another country.
- Bugfix: Fixed order of events when waypoint events and multiple schedule events occur at the same location. The waypoint event is now always returned with the first schedule event.
- Bugfix: Removed unnecessary 'nullable' declaration from several properties.
- Improvement: The waypoint limit for the method 'calculateRoutePost' is increased from 25 to 250.
- Bugfix: The total service time of the schedule report is correctly calculated and no waiting time is included.
- Bugfix: The schedule type 'WAITING' of the schedule events is removed in case there is another schedule type like 'BREAK' present in parallel.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'customRoadAttributeScenarios' to be considered during the route calculation. This parameter is in an experimental state and may change at any time.
- Improvement: When the route calculation times out the new error code 'ROUTING_TIMEOUT' is returned instead of a 'GENERAL_INTERNAL_ERROR'.
- Feature: Added support for the ISO 14083 version 2023 emission calculation.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'co2EmissionClass' to consider the emission class in the upcoming German toll tariffs planned for December 2023. This parameter is in an experimental state and may change at any time.
- Improvement: The warning 'ROUTING_DATE_UNSUPPORTED_PERIOD' will no longer be returned when the start or arrival time are in the past or in the future.
- Improvement: The quality for reachable areas and locations is improved by no longer considering through, origin and destination traffic.
- Bugfix: Fixed a routing error when setting vehicle parameters at the first waypoint.
- Bugfix: Fixed a routing error when using vehicle parameter 'tunnelRestrictionCode' at a waypoint without setting 'hazardousMaterials'.
- Feature: Added response parameter 'calculatedDistance' to the toll sections to provide an alternative for the not always available official distance of the toll operator.
- Improvement: The toll event type 'PASS' is substituted by pairs of type 'ENTER' and 'EXIT'.
- Bugfix: No longer return an error when requesting the 'TOLL_SYSTEMS' without 'TOLL_SECTIONS' or 'TOLL_COSTS'.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'workLogbook' to the method 'calculateRoutePost' to consider already conducted work of the driver in the working hours calculation.
- Bugfix: Return an error when parameter 'blockIntersectingRoads' contains a polyline with less than two points.
- Bugfix: Fixed a routing error when using special combined transport waypoints.
- Improvement: If the first waypoint or the routeId is located in the Americas but a non-American profile is specified, a warning is returned (only for the methods 'calculateRoute' and 'calculateRoutePost').
- Improvement: If no profile is specified and the first waypoint or the routeId is located in the Americas, 'USA_8_SEMITRAILER_5AXLE' is used as the default instead of 'EUR_TRAILER_TRUCK' to return better results.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'TRAFFIC_EVENTS_POLYLINE' to provide the polylines of the affected parts of the route along with the traffic events.
- Improvement: The performance for routes avoiding toll is improved.
- Improvement: Routing requests with waypoints on different continents return immediately if no route can be found.
- Feature: Added support for the truck routes 'NZ_HPMV', 'AU_B_DOUBLE_HML', 'AU_B_TRIPLE_HML', 'AU_AB_TRIPLE', 'AU_AB_TRIPLE_HML'.
- Bugfix: Return proper error message when using conflicting low-emission zone types.
- Bugfix: Fixed calculation of HBEFA-related emissions using EURO_0 vehicles.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'vehicleParameters' to 'onRoad' and 'offRoad' waypoints of the method 'calculateRoutePost' to get more accurate results for the next leg by changing some vehicle parameters at each intermediate waypoint.
- Feature: Added support for the ISO 14083 emission calculation.
- Feature: Added support for alternative drivetrains (LNG, Electric, Hybrid) for the emission calculation by introducing several new vehicle request parameters.
- Feature: Added support for the emission standard 'EURO_6D_TEMP', 'EURO_6D' and 'EURO_6E' of vehicles in the European Union.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'numberOfTires' to consider the total number of tires of the vehicle in the toll calculation.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'costPerKwh' in the monetary cost options to support electric engines.
- Feature: Added new vehicle profiles for the IMEA region.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'routingMode' to optimize route calculation for travel time, distance and monetary costs.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'MONETARY_COSTS' to provide a report with monetary costs of a route based on monetary options like cost per kilometer or per hour.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'VIOLATION_EVENTS_POLYLINE' to provide the polylines of the violated parts of the route along with the violation events.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'blockIntersectingRoads' to block roads and combined transports that intersect the given polylines.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'TRAFFIC_EVENTS' to provide traffic events in the event list such as traffic jams passed by the route.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'GUIDED_NAVIGATION' to get an additional route format to be imported in PTV Navigator and used for guided navigation there.
- Improvement: Added subscription 'US_EZPASS_PAYBYPLATE' to the electronic toll collection systems.
- Feature: Added support for working hours preset 'US_HOURS_OF_SERVICE_REGULATIONS_FOR_MULTIPLE_DAYS' to the method 'calculateRoutePost'.
- Feature: Added support for both US working hours presets using the latest rule change from 2020 issued by FMCSA.
- Improvement: Renamed error codes 'GENERAL_ACCESS_DENIED' to 'GENERAL_UNAUTHENTICATED' and 'GENERAL_UNAUTHORIZED' to 'GENERAL_FORBIDDEN'.
- Feature: Added waypoint type 'combinedTransport' to use a specific ferry or rail shuttle connection on the route.
- Improvement: Route-manipulation waypoints are now allowed in combination with driver's working hours including service times and opening intervals.
- Improvement: Improved the response of the error code 'GENERAL_PARSING_ERROR' for an invalid JSON body.
- Feature: Added response parameter 'trafficDelay' to obtain the delay due to live traffic for the route, legs and alternative routes.
- Bugfix: When using the profile 'USA_8_SEMITRAILER_5AXLE' the proper vehicle attributes of typical semi-trailer truck (US GVWR class 8) with 5 axles are now used.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'avoid' to avoid features like toll roads or ferries on a route if possible.
- Feature: Added request and response parameter 'etcSubscriptions' to consider the available subscriptions of electronic toll collection systems the vehicle can use.
- Improvement: When the distance from a waypoint to the nearest accessible road is greater than 1000 meters a warning is returned.
- Bugfix: When using 'VIOLATION_EVENTS' a proper response instead of an error is returned.
- Feature: Added method 'calculateRoutePost' to consider driver's working hours for EU and USA, service times and opening intervals.
- Feature: Added parameter 'preferTurnsOnPassengerSide' to prefer turns on the passenger side as it can reduce waiting times and enhance safety.
- Bugfix: For requests running in parallel, the correct requested currency conversion is now delivered in the response.
- Feature: Added waypoint attribute 'matchSideOfStreet' to manipulate which side of a street should be used preventing the driver from crossing the street.
- Feature: Added request parameter 'currency' and response parameter 'convertedPrice' to convert all toll prices to the selected currency.
- Feature: Added response parameter 'currencies' to get information about the used exchange rates that are updated on a daily basis.
- Improvement: The emission calculation does no longer require the parameter 'averageFuelConsumption'. If not specified, the default value of the selected vehicle is used.
- Improvement: When using the parameter 'truckRoutes' with non-truck profiles like car or van a warning is returned.
- Improvement: When using the parameter 'routeId' together with allowed or prohibited countries a warning is returned.
- Improvement: When using the parameter 'routeId' from another service such as map matching in the method 'getRouteByRouteId' an error code is returned.
- Improvement: When using the parameter 'routeId' in the methods 'startAndCreateReachableAreas' and 'startAndCreateReachableLocations' and the allowed or prohibited countries violate parts of the given route an error code is returned.
- Improvement: Renamed error codes 'ROUTING_DISTANCE_TOO_LONG' to 'ROUTING_ESTIMATED_DISTANCE_TOO_LONG' and 'ROUTING_ROUTE_TOO_LONG' to 'ROUTING_ROUTE_TOO_LONG_FOR_REACHABILITY'.
- Improvement: Renamed error code 'ROUTING_UTCOFFSET_CANNOT_DETERMINED' to 'ROUTING_UTC_OFFSET_CANNOT_BE_DETERMINED'.
- Improvement: Moved error code 'ROUTING_TOO_MANY_WAYPOINTS' to the new error code 'ROUTING_RESTRICTION_EXCEEDED' with HTTP status code 403.
- Improvement: Several details of error codes are now of type integer instead of string.
- Bugfix: Return HTTP status code 202 instead of 200 for the methods 'startAndCreateReachableAreas' and 'startAndCreateReachableLocations'.
- Bugfix: Return an empty array instead of null for the parameter 'unreachable' in the method 'getReachableLocations' when all locations are reachable.
- Bugfix: Return a properly formatted error response when requesting an invalid parameter 'routeId' in the method 'getRouteById'.
- Improvement: For the emission calculation 'EMISSIONS_EN16258_2012_HBEFA' HBEFA is updated to version 4.1.
- Improvement: An error for reachable areas and locations is returned when the distance of the given parameter 'routeId' is greater than 500 km.
- Improvement: Additional road restrictions for the vehicle profiles 'EUR_VAN' and 'EUR_CAR' are considered during the route calculation.
- Feature: Added synchronous and asynchronous methods to calculate reachable areas within given horizons.
- Feature: Added asynchronous methods to calculate reachable locations within a given horizon.
- Feature: Added parameter 'routeId' to recalculate a previously calculated route instead of using the waypoint list.
- Feature: Added new vehicle profiles for the USA and Australia.
- Improvement: A warning instead of an error is returned when live traffic data are temporarily unavailable.
- Feature: Added method 'getRouteByRouteId' to get more details of a previously calculated or alternative route.
- Feature: Added support for allowed and prohibited countries considered during the route calculation.
- Bugfix: The z-coordinate in the polyline is no longer returned when requesting the emission result 'EMISSIONS_EN16258_2012_HBEFA'.
- Feature: Considering different waypoint types (on-road, off-road and route-manipulation).
- Feature: Selecting one of the provided vehicles with the possibility to customize several attributes.
- Feature: Considering the different traffic situations with an easy-to-use mode.
- Feature: Providing three alternative routes in addition to the optimal route.
- Feature: Providing detailed toll data (costs, sections and systems).
- Feature: Providing emission data (CEN and French CO2E decree).
- Feature: Providing events in chronological order (e.g. maneuvers, border crossings, toll).